Meet the Doctor
Each and every member of our staff has extensive experience in providing integrated care for adults challenged by mental, emotional and personality disorders. Affinity Treatment Centers is dedicated to improving patient’s quality of life and increasing personal independence in both short and long term residential settings. Our dynamic team of professionals provides state of the art treatment in an upscale environment that offers the finest amenities for the comfort of our residents.
Affinity Treatment Centers is dedicated to improving patient’s quality of life and increasing personal independence
Dr. stephen Signer
We are proud to introduce Dr. Stephen Signer as our treating psychiatrist. Dr. Signer comes to us with extraordinary credentials too numerous to list in their entirety. A brief synopsis would include:
- Diplomat of the National Board of Medical Examiners,
- Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians of Canada in psychiatry,
- Diplomat of the American Board of Psychology and Neurology,
- Certificate of United Council of Neurologic Sub-specialties in Behavior Neurology and Neuropsychology,
- Distinguished Fellow of the American Psychiatric Association,
- Consulting Physician for the California Neuropsychopharmacology Clinical Research Institute,
- Medical Director for Mental Health Systems,
- Physician of the Year at Palomar Hospital for Behavioral Health and Outpatient Services,
- Medical Director for the North Inland Drug Abuse Program and a member of the US Public Health Service National Disaster Medical System.
Dr. Signer has held academic appointments at UCLA Department of Neurology, Clinical professor of psychiatry at the University of Ottowa, Ontario, and Clinical Professor of psychiatry and Resident Psychotherapy Supervisor at the University of California, San Diego. In 2007 received a Quality Award for Physician of the Year.